Now men and women alike are making unwanted facial hair a thing of the past, thanks to the Cutera Cool Glide Laser. No more painful waxing, electrolysis or razors!
The Cool Glide laser delivers 21st century technology for treatment distressing problem. Cleared for permanent hair reduction, the Cool Glide laser can treat men and women of all skin types and tones safely and effectively.
The CUTERA CoolGlide
The Cutera Cool Glide is the best laser hair removal system on the market for all skin types and tones. From light to dark, including tanned patients but remember no direct sun exposure two weeks prior or two weeks after treatment is recommended for your safety.
What areas can be treated with the CoolGlide?
The Cool Glide can remove hair from all parts of the body including the face, legs, arms, underarms and back. It can also treat sensitive areas like the chest, nipples and bikini area.
What do the Laser Hair Removal Treatments with Cutera Cool Glide feel like?
As the name implies, the Cool Glide hand piece cools and soothes as it glides along your skin. When the pulse of light is delivered, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation. No local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required; however, some patients may prefer to use topical anesthetic when sensitive areas are treated.
How many treatments will I need?
Most areas require 6-10 treatments. However, the number of Laser Hair Removal treatments required for optimal long- term benefits depends on multiple factors like hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s grow cycle. Interestingly, not all hairs are actively growing at the same time and actually go through three distinct growing phases: growth, regression and resting. Since some hairs will enter this active growth phase at different times, additional treatments may be necessary.
CUTERA Recommended Pre & Post Care for Laser Hair Removal Treatments.
Before your treatment:
1. Hair should be cleanly shaven, preferably shave the night before your treatment so skin is not irritated when you come in for your LHR treatment.
2. NO SUN TANNING or self tanners 2 weeks before treatment and 2 weeks after Laser Hair Removal treatment. (includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc)
3. Some medications or supplements may increase the risk of bruising
4. Do not wear make up on the area you want to treat
5. ABSOLUTELY NO Waxing, plucking or tweezing at least 4 weeks before first treatment and once you start Laser Hair Removal treatments continue SHAVING ONLY!!!
6. Avoid treatments that might irritate the skin area you want to treat for 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment (peels, harsh chemicals, depilatories, etc)
7. History of Herpes or Cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
After your treatment:
1. Avoid sun exposure at your best and use lots of sunscreen.
2. Redness and perifollicular edema (looks like a rash or bug bites) are common and resolve with time.
3. Bruising and swelling are less common but may occur and resolve with time.
4. Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out.
5. Avoid heat!!! (saunas, hot tubs, etc)
6. DO NOT WAX OR PLUCK BETWEEN TREATMENTS.
7. Notify practice right away if notice any concerning symptoms like excessive blistering, excessive redness and swelling.
8. Hair Removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments may vary depending on body area and thickness of hair.